- Display an alert that next job is waiting.
- Ability to change job status.
- Load next job when current job is set to complete.
My Role: Analysis, Design & Coder
This was a quick tablet prototype I put together for an agency which had a client that wanted a web based app to support their field crews. The purpose of the app was to allow field crews to update the progress of their work and for the operations dispatch team to add and assign new jobs to crews as they become available. I was provided a rough outline of the sections that would need to be included in the navigation and basic interactions for the crew.
The project was specifically to build a quick prototype. So there was minimal discovery I could do with the agency UX architect who was leading the project. I decided to build the prototype in html with jQuery and jQuery mobile libraries as that would allow me to quickly model the interactions for a tablet/mobile device.
The prototype needed to allow the following interactions:
- Display an alert when a new job is waiting
- Able to update the current job status progress
- Pull up next job when a job is complete